Jefferson County and the Jack Brooks Regional Airport (BPT) plan to continue the maximum Passenger Facility Charge (PFC) collection rate allowable of $4.50 per enplaned passenger. We anticipate collection to begin when the previous application is fully realized currently estimated to be September 1, 2019. The total amount of revenue to be collected under this application is $784,878.ThePFCexpirationdateforthe proposed PFC fundedprojectsisestimatedtobeApril 1, 2027. The various projects anticipated are outlined below and a more detailed project description can be viewed at BPT’s management offices in the terminal building during normal business hours over the next 30 days.
- Runway 12-30 (reimbursement): Design and reconstruction of a segment of RW 12-30 where
pavement was failing.
a. (Total Project Cost – $3,926,531 / AIP Funds – $3,533,878 / Local/PFC – $392,653)
b. (AIP Grant #s 30/31)
- PFC Applications (reimbursement): New PFC application to authorize continued PFC impose and
use for airfield and terminal area improvement projects.
a. (Total Project Cost – $19,000 / AIP Funds – $0 / Local/PFC – $19,000)
- Taxiway D (reimbursement): Design and Reconstruction of portion of TWY D.
a. (Total Project Cost – $2,715,263 / AIP Funds – $2,443,737 / Local/PFC – $271,526)
b. (AIP Grant # 29/30)
- Update Airport Master Plan (reimbursement): Aerial survey in accordance with AC 150/5300-
18B. Update to the Airport Layout Plan (ALP).
a. (Total Project Cost – $159,000 / AIP Funds – $143,100 / Local/PFC – $15,900)
b. (AIP Grant # 29)
- Runway Safety Area (reimbursement): Design and construction to bring the runway safety
areas for Runway 12/30 and Runway 16/34 in compliance with FAA standards.
a. (Total Project Cost – $220,384 / AIP Funds – $198,346 / Local/PFC – $22,038)
b. (AIP Grant # 29/30)
- Runway 16-34 (reimbursement): Rehabilitation/construction to improve pavement for Runway
a. (Total Project Cost – $317,618 / AIP Funds – $285,856 / Local/PFC – $31,761)
b. (AIP Grant # 30/31)
- Aircraft rescue and firefighting equipment acquisition (reimbursement): Purpose of ARFF
proximity/bunker suits/gear that were past their useful life.
a. (Total Project Cost – $32,000 / AIP Funds – $0 / Local/PFC – $32,000);
All improvements are or will be designed in conformance with applicable FAA advisory circulars.
The total capital cost of these projects, completed and anticipated, is $7,389,796. Of this amount, the FAA has or will provide funding under various Airport Improvement Program (AIP) federal grants in the amount of $6,604,917. PFCs provide $784,878 for reimbursement of previously expended BPT/County funding.
Comments or a written request for more detailed project descriptions should be sent to JackBrooks Regional Airport, 5000 Jerry Ware Drive, Suite 100, Beaumont, TX 77705.
Attention: Megan Landry – Airport Financial Analyst